Monday, May 14, 2012

change of address cards

When my boyfriend and I moved in together, I knew two things:

1.  I was going to try really hard to hide my secret single behaviors
2.  I wanted to send change of address cards

I've always loved the idea of a change of address card, even though I've never actually received one.  It's just so classy and official, and it's also a nice way to announce your cohabitation and provide an address where friends and family can send birthday cards (possibly filled with cash or gift cards).

Here are some of the cards I loved:

Airmail Stripes, $30 for 20 cards, tinyprints

Moving Key, $31 for 20 cards, Wedding Paper Divas

Important note, $42 for 20 cards, tinyprints

Official Change of address, $60 for 20 cards, Papersheep Press.  

In the end, I couldn't decide on which one I wanted so I used these as inspiration, then designed and printed my own.  I hand-addressed and stamped a skeleton key on the envelopes to give them a homemade look.  The total cost for the printing, rubber stamps, envelopes, and postage was around $30 and I got exactly what I wanted.  Not too shabby.

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates