Wednesday, October 3, 2012

dîner en blanc


Diner en blanc is like a sorority I'm desperately dying to pledge.

"What is dîner in blanc?" you ask.  Only the best thing EVER.  From dinerenblanc.info:
At the last minute, the location is given to thousands of friends and acquaintances who have been patiently waiting to learn the “Dîner en Blanc's” secret place. Thousands of people, dressed all in white, and conducting themselves with the greatest decorum, elegance, and etiquette, all meet for a mass “chic picnic” in a public space. 

Ugh.  I'm jealous just reading that.

If you sign up for Dîner en Blanc, you receive information about the day and time of the event, but they don't tell you the place.  When the day comes, you and your friends dress in white, pack a fabulous meal, and wait for the location to be sent to you.  When it does, you and thousands of other diners descend on the location and all have a fancy picnic.  It sounds incredible.

The only problem is there's a waiting list to become a Dîner en Blanc member.  Your membership can be expedited, but you need an existing member to sponsor you.  There are other organizations like this,  I want to be a part of this one.

If you are a member and you are reading this, please sponsor me.  I want nothing more than to attend your chic picnic.  I'd prefer Los Angeles, but if you can only get me on the Paris list, I'll make it work.

0 comments:

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogger Templates